This original design from Award Winning Designer Marianne Henio is for the Quantum Skirt. It comes from Marianne’s series of modern knitting designs. Knitted in the knitweave technique, it is suitable for any knitter who loves to create beautiful fabrics. A punch card or computerised machine is needed for the pattern. The punch card design is included.
The pattern book contains some great video instructions, INCLUDING Marianne’s new ‘no roll edging’ technique!
Download this knitweave pattern in digital format. It comes from Marianne’s series of easy to knit patterns for the beginner up. No ribber needed.
Diagrammatical schematics and measurement gauges are given so any choice of yarn can be used although Marianne has recommended specific yarns.
The instructions are for sizes S/M/L. This pattern is written in the new ‘easy to understand’ format which makes your job easy. Just check out the Abbreviations chart in the pattern book. Intermediate skills are required, as well as experience with the knitweave technique.
Total yarn used approximately in gms:
- MY =Bramwell Artistic Crepe 4ply in red: S=174, M=205, L=251.
- Weave yarn =2 x Yeoman Grigna in ruby: S=108, M=127, L=156.
- 1 x Yeoman Grigna in red: S=48, M=57, L=70.
- 1 x Yeoman Supersheen in ruby: S=18, M=22, L=26.
- 1 x Yeoman fine 1ply crepe in maroon: S=30, M=36, L