This original design from Award Winning Designer Marianne Henio is for the Henio Coat. It comes from Marianne’s series of modern knitting designs. This coat pattern is for the standard gauge knitting machine and is knitted in the knit weave technique. A classic shaped coat with pockets.
The pattern book contains some great video instructions, INCLUDING Marianne’s new ‘no roll edging’ technique!
Download this pattern in Digital format. It comes from Marianne’s series of easy to knit patterns for the beginner up. No ribber needed.
Diagrammatical schematics and measurement gauges are given so any choice of yarn can be used although Marianne has recommended specific yarns. See below.
The instructions are for sizes S/M/L and XL. This pattern is written in the new ‘easy to understand’ format which makes your job easy. Just check out the Abbreviations chart in the pattern book.
ALSO included is your FREE Guide entitled… ‘How to Design, Write & Convert your own Knitting Patterns’!
Total yarn used approximately in gms:
- Knitting machine pattern for standard gauge (4.5mm) knitting machine.
- Yarn used: I used Bramwell Artistic Crepe 4ply for the MY – S=420g, M=460g, L=540g, XL=640g. (Sage green.)
- For the weave yarn I used 7 strands together as follows:
- 4 strands of 1ply – all at S=55g, M=55g, L=70g, XL=80g. (Emerald, purple, mint and ochre.)
- 3 strands of 3ply poodle yarn – all at S=100g, M=110g, L=130g, XL=155g. (Leaf green, lime green and multicolour.)