These original designs from Award Winning Designer Marianne Henio are for the Downton Hat & the Cloche Hat – TWO great chunky machine knitting patterns in one book! Marianne gives suggestions for different variations. They come from Marianne’s new series of designs for the bulky/chunky knitting machine.
The pattern book contains video instructions, INCLUDING Marianne’s new ‘no roll edging’ technique!
Download the pattern book in Digital format. It comes from Marianne’s series of easy to knit patterns for the beginner up. No ribber needed. Tuck stitch is used in the Cloche Hat so your machine needs to accommodate this.
Diagrammatical schematics and measurement gauges are given so any choice of yarn can be used. You could also convert the schematics for a standard or mid-gauge machine if you are experienced. Marianne has recommended certain yarn types but you can choose your own favourites. Added to this, there are now links to Marianne’s instructional videos for the more involved techniques in this and other pattern books.
Included are sizes S/M/L. A table of contents allows you to click to your required pattern size immediately. This pattern is written in the new ‘easy to understand’ format which makes your job easy and uses less ink if printing out! Just check out the Abbreviations chart.
- Knitting machine patterns for bulky gauge (9mm) knitting machine.
- Downton Hat: Yarn used 1 x chunky pure wool, 1 x multicoloured 3ply boucle.
- Total yarn used approximately for L= 125g.
- Cloche Hat: Yarn used 4 strands together – 1 x DK soft cotton, 3 x Yeoman Supersheen 2/30s. Multicoloured.
- Total yarn used approximately for S= 125g